STAAR Surgical 15th International EVO Visian ICL Experts Summit
Spotlight: Refractive Surgery Decision-Making for Patients
Evolution in Visual Freedom
19th – 21st September 2018
DR. ALBERTO BELLONE
- Graduated cum laude from the University of Turin in 1996 with distinction for his thesis on the Echo Color Doppler in Ophthalmology.
- Has cultivated a specific interest in refractive surgery since the beginning of his career, refining modern techniques for the treatment of refractive defects including the use of excimer laser and the implantation of EVO Visian ICL lenses.
- Has considerable experience in the conservative surgical management of keratoconus and corneal ectasia and the implantation of intrastromal corneal rings (Ferrara Ring).
- Has acquired specific surgical techniques for the treatment of vitreoretinal pathologies such as the surgical treatment of retinal detachment and sutureless vitrectomy.
- In addition to his private practice in Turin, Dr. Bellone’s professional activity takes place at numerous hospitals and qualified nursing centers in Piedmont and Lombardy.
- The first Surgeon in Italy to implant the EVO+ Visian ICL.
- Recipient of the Young ICL Ophthalmologist Award in 2017.
Dr. Jason P. Brinton
- Graduated from Harvard University and received his medical doctorate from the Harvard Medical School.
- Completed his residency training at the University of Iowa and fellowship training in refractive surgery with Dr. Dan Durrie at Durrie Vision.
- Highest volume Visian ICL surgeon in the United States in 2018. His practice is located in St. Louis and specializes in refractive surgery.
- Has been an investigator in nine U.S. Food and Drug Administration clinical trials, is an editorial board member for Ocular Surgery News, and sat for a term on the governing board of the New England Journal of Medicine, the only currently practicing ophthalmologist to do so.
- Has over 80 scientific publications, abstracts, book chapters, and presentations to his credit in multiple languages and has lectured extensively across the US and globally on refractive surgery topics.
- He was named by OSN as one of the Premier Surgeon 300 Innovators in Refractive Cataract Surgery.
- Recipient of the Young ICL Ophthalmologist Award in 2015.